Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

A day with Daddy around

So, Brandon took today off of work to work on the yard. Having him around really changes the dynamics of the day! Nothing bad, just different. It was nice to see him though since normally, we don't get to see much of him. :( He worked on digging up the sand the previous owners had put down under their pool. Not sure WHY they put sand there, but we've since gotten rid of the pool since it broke, and we want to plant grass there and we found out last year that grass doesn't grow well in the sand. So, he had to dig it out. He didn't think he'd finish today, but he did! He even got the deck power washed in preparation to paint it wood color. He's going to try and get it painted while we're out of town with my parents. He feels like it was a productive day. :) He's very sore tonight! It was productive for me as well. Yay!

Other than that, same ol' same ol'. Did some school with Rachel, cleaned, had FHE tonight, etc. . . . I'm excited about getting a break from here and seeing my parents! Not crazy about my upcoming drive alone, but we'll manage. My mom has some fun stuff planned for the girls. We leave Wednesday morning. Part of FHE tonight was setting up the Easter tree. I'll have to take and post a pic of it sometime. . . . .We have it sitting on our kitchen table.

Oh, in case I don't post before Friday, I'm gonna be an auntie on Friday! My sister will be having a C-section that day since Mackenzie is breech and refuses to turn. :( I hope all goes well for her! This is my first niece (or nephew) that's actually related to me, so I'm really excited. We all know it's different when it's YOUR niece or nephew coming into the world vs. a niece or nephew by marriage. Although, they're exciting and loved too! Just different. I actually feel like a soon-to-be-auntie!

1 comment:

Kory said...

i know what you mean about having a niece or nephew that's actually related to you! Allen just had a nephew and I'll have a niece this summer! have fun on your trip!