Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Going to try something new!

So, the last year and a half the girls took dance. This year we're going to try gymnastics, for two reasons. First, the dance place didn't have classes for both the girls at the same time this year. I had originally signed them up for the homeschool class they could take together on Thursday afternoons, but it didn't fill up enough, so they canceled it. Second, when asking Rachel if she'd rather keep doing dance, or try gymnastics this year, she said gymnastics.

I found a place that looks good nearby, so we're going to check it out next Thursday. If we decide to go with it, they'll both be able to take a class on Thursday nights from 6-7. Michaela in the preschool class, and Rachel in the Beginner 5-7 yo class. Rachel is really excited. Michaela is indifferent. When I ask her, she says, "Ok, I'll try e-as-ties," in a very not so convinced tone of voice. Then, when I showed her the pictures on the web site of the place, and asked her if she wanted to do that. . . .she got SOOOO excited! So, hopefully this'll be good! Michaela sometimes wouldn't participate well in dance, maybe she'll like this better. :)

As far as other extracurriculars go, Rachel will continue in Girl Scouts and will be a Brownie this year! We're also *thinking* of getting an electric piano with weighted keys so Rachel can start piano lessons as well. We'll see. . . .

2 comments:

Bubbles said...

My daughter is a gymnast. She will probably move up to competitive level in a month. She loves it! It's really helped her self esteem

Unknown said...

I'm excited they're wanting to do gymnastics. I liked doing gymnastics growing up. I think they'll really enjoy it.