Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tooth #4 for Rachel and an Alyssa scare!

So, Rach lost her 4th tooth today! First top tooth. She talks funny now. . . . It really wasn't ready to come out yet. It got "helped" along by little sister! It was loose, just not loose enough to come on it's own. Everyone was taking Sunday nappy naps (or supposed to be taking a nap!), then all of a sudden Brandon and I hear this frantic screaming upstairs. It was the "something is definitely not right" kind of screams. I was expecting to go up and see a child with broken bones, seriously hurt or something. Rachel is standing there on her bed (top bunk of a bunk bed), holding her tooth with one hand and the other hand cupped under her mouth trying to catch all the blood. I was actually impressed. . .NO blood on her bedding! That's my girl! :) She did get some on her clothes, but we got it out. Poor thing couldn't get down to get to us or the bathroom, and was screaming for help. Ended up finding out that Michaela climbed up to her bed, started playing with her, and kicked her in the mouth by accident! The loose tooth got the blow and became loose enough that Rachel could pull it the rest of the way out with ease by herself. (Daddy pulled out the last two when they were ready) She said it hurt REALLY bad this time coming out with a kick. :(

(I'll come back and edit this to add a picture of her "new smile" later, once I take one!)

Before that, on the way to church this morning, I was turning left onto Timber Dr. and all of a sudden heard a loud "ker-thump!" behind me. I'm like, "What the heck was that?" Rachel said, all calmly and matter of fact like, "It was the baby." I'm thinking, "The baby!? She's strapped into her chair! What can the baby do to make a noise like that?" I looked back when I could while driving to see the bottom of the base to her car seat pointing up at me, meaning Alyssa was upside-down facing the floor! Usually I follow Brandon to church, but today I felt like being first for some reason. Glad I was first! I pulled over when I could safely, and since he was behind me, was able to follow. He was confused as to what I was doing, but decided to stay with me and see what was the matter. He helped me strap her base back in. Ended up, one of the girls undid the seat belt holding the base down and I didn't know. I assumed that it would stay strapped! So, now we check every time we put her in that the base is still strapped. I'm sharing this story so those with a baby and older kids might be aware that this could happen, and not to just assume their baby's car seat base will always stay strapped down after you strap it. Our girls got a good talking to about not undoing Alyssa's base, that they put her in danger. Luckily, we found out it wasn't strapped anymore in a "not as" dangerous situation. She was a little shook up, but no scratches or bruises or injured from flipping over her chair and onto the floor. I shudder to think what could have happened to Alyssa if we had been in a bad accident before realizing this.

No comments: