Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Rachel's class had a Mother's Day celebration on Friday. It was a lot of fun. I would have taken her out earlier, but she REALLY wanted to be there for that and for me to come. So, we waited until then. The class sang a bunch of songs to the moms, gave a story to their moms they had written for them, and a "breakfast in bed" thing. Soooo, cute! There was also cake, punch, and some other finger foods. Brandon worked from home yesterday so that he could be here to watch the other two, and I attend her thing at school. Yesterday was her last day. :)

Here's the story she wrote for me: (exact spelling and all!)
"My Mommy is 30 yeer's old. She macke's potata salid it is my favrit dinr. She wochis me woch TV and mom too. I love Mommy!"

Not sure why she said she likes potato salad. . .???. . . She HATES it! lol

Here's the "breakfast in bed" bag:


There was a honey bun inside the bag. The scrap of wallpaper is supposed to be the blanket with me in bed (head sticking out). Cute!

This evening we went to Olive Garden for dinner as a family for our Mother's Day eat out. They quoted us 65 minutes, but our buzzer went off in 30-35. :) That was nice! We talked to the girls before going in about behaving in the restaurant. To our surprise they behaved VERY well! WOW! Even Alyssa!

My big gift this year is a juicer! We ordered it a week ago, but looks like it won't be here until the 16th. It's part Christmas (from some of my grandparent money), part Mother's Day from Brandon and the kids, and part my birthday coming up this summer! I'm VERY excited. . .wanted one for a couple years now!

No comments: