Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 28, 2007

My funny five year old!

Rachel has been soooo concerned about finding a "good man to marry" when she grows up. lol Since I've gotten pg, she started asking questions about having a baby someday herself. We tell her that when she's an adult, she can find a nice, good man to marry in the Temple, and then she can have babies. . .blah blah blah. So, then she'd start bringing up, "how do I find a good man?" or "what if I don't find a good man?" This past July at my cousins wedding, she stood in the crowd of women trying to catch the bouquet, and of course didn't catch it. So, she was literally in tears thinking that because she didn't catch it, she was NEVER going to get married when she's an adult. I had to tell her that mommy never caught any bouquets at any weddings, and yet I still got married. . . .

So, this subject was never brought up again until this past Sunday. On the way home from church, she's telling us that in class they talked about how when they get baptized they'll wear a white dress, and when they grow up and get married in the Temple they'll wear a white dress. Oh, man, then it came again. . . . "I hope I find a good man to marry" and "How do I find a good man to marry," etc.

I can see it all now when she's older. . . .all the drama. . . .ugh! lol We do hope that all our girls will end up with good, kind men. We just find it funny that Rachel seems so concerned about it at FIVE! She even has names picked out for her kids. . . . .mainly it's the names of her little friends at school. lol

No comments: