Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My dad is going to Baghdad

For 3 months and I'm so scared! He leaves on the 13th. He's had military training (I'm an Army brat); but he's a 55 year old man now and it's scary over there. He's going there for a construction project his company is working on, not the war, so at least he's not fighting, but it's still scary over there and he'll stick out like a sore thumb as an American. I can't stop crying. Why do they have to send my dad there? Why are they doing a project there? When I first heard of the possibility, I thought it was going to be a one or two week thing. (Like when he went to Haiti for a week.) Now, it's for sure and 3 months now.

3 comments:

Kory said...

i will keep your dad in my prayers.

Bubbles said...

I'll keep him in our prayers. He'll be fine. Roman's uncle went for construction too. He says it was very safe where he was. Try not to worry

Anonymous said...

hey liz so dad is doing fine over there. you should get skype so you can chat with him everyday or at least once in a while. i talk with him everyday and that helps me. love ya!